San Francisco News
Thousands to rally against Keystone XL Pipeline
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Nearly 5,000 people are expected to converge in San Francisco Sunday to demand a halt to a proposed oil pipeline. The Keystone XL tar sands pipeline would extend from Alberta, Canada to the the U.S. Gulf Coast.
This is one of several multi-billion dollar pipeline projects in the works. It would carry oil from the land-locked Tar Sands oil field which environmental groups say is a big step in the wrong direction.
The Forward on Climate rally will be held near the U.S. State Department office at One Market Street starting at 1 p.m.
oil, protest, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 31 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 47 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos