San Francisco News
Thousands to rally against Keystone XL Pipeline
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Nearly 5,000 people are expected to converge in San Francisco Sunday to demand a halt to a proposed oil pipeline. The Keystone XL tar sands pipeline would extend from Alberta, Canada to the the U.S. Gulf Coast.
This is one of several multi-billion dollar pipeline projects in the works. It would carry oil from the land-locked Tar Sands oil field which environmental groups say is a big step in the wrong direction.
The Forward on Climate rally will be held near the U.S. State Department office at One Market Street starting at 1 p.m.
oil, protest, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body