San Francisco News
Thousands to rally against Keystone XL Pipeline
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Nearly 5,000 people are expected to converge in San Francisco Sunday to demand a halt to a proposed oil pipeline. The Keystone XL tar sands pipeline would extend from Alberta, Canada to the the U.S. Gulf Coast.
This is one of several multi-billion dollar pipeline projects in the works. It would carry oil from the land-locked Tar Sands oil field which environmental groups say is a big step in the wrong direction.
The Forward on Climate rally will be held near the U.S. State Department office at One Market Street starting at 1 p.m.
oil, protest, san francisco news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 21 min ago
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday