San Francisco News
Thousands to rally against Keystone XL Pipeline
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Nearly 5,000 people are expected to converge in San Francisco Sunday to demand a halt to a proposed oil pipeline. The Keystone XL tar sands pipeline would extend from Alberta, Canada to the the U.S. Gulf Coast.
This is one of several multi-billion dollar pipeline projects in the works. It would carry oil from the land-locked Tar Sands oil field which environmental groups say is a big step in the wrong direction.
The Forward on Climate rally will be held near the U.S. State Department office at One Market Street starting at 1 p.m.
oil, protest, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 55 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 5 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos