San Francisco News
Rally at SF City Hall in support of SFO name change
SAN FRANCISO (KGO) -- Supporters of an effort to rename San Francisco International Airport after former San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk, will hold a rally at City Hall this afternoon.
Last month, San Francisco supervisor David Campos introduced legislation to rename the airport Harvey Milk San Francisco International.
Milk was California's first openly gay elected official. He was assassinated along with Mayor George Moscone in 1978.
Organizers say the 12:00 p.m. rally is to urge the other supervisors to support Campos' legislation.
Voters may get the opportunity to decide on the name change in November.
san francisco city hall, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco international airport, lgbt, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 11 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 7 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 1 min ago
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
11 min ago