San Francisco News
Rally at SF City Hall in support of SFO name change
SAN FRANCISO (KGO) -- Supporters of an effort to rename San Francisco International Airport after former San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk, will hold a rally at City Hall this afternoon.
Last month, San Francisco supervisor David Campos introduced legislation to rename the airport Harvey Milk San Francisco International.
Milk was California's first openly gay elected official. He was assassinated along with Mayor George Moscone in 1978.
Organizers say the 12:00 p.m. rally is to urge the other supervisors to support Campos' legislation.
Voters may get the opportunity to decide on the name change in November.
san francisco city hall, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco international airport, lgbt, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 28 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 22 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 40 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 32 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 15 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos