San Francisco News
Rally at SF City Hall in support of SFO name change
SAN FRANCISO (KGO) -- Supporters of an effort to rename San Francisco International Airport after former San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk, will hold a rally at City Hall this afternoon.
Last month, San Francisco supervisor David Campos introduced legislation to rename the airport Harvey Milk San Francisco International.
Milk was California's first openly gay elected official. He was assassinated along with Mayor George Moscone in 1978.
Organizers say the 12:00 p.m. rally is to urge the other supervisors to support Campos' legislation.
Voters may get the opportunity to decide on the name change in November.
san francisco city hall, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco international airport, lgbt, san francisco news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland 41 min ago
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole 20 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 10 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
10 min ago