San Francisco News
Rally at SF City Hall in support of SFO name change
SAN FRANCISO (KGO) -- Supporters of an effort to rename San Francisco International Airport after former San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk, will hold a rally at City Hall this afternoon.
Last month, San Francisco supervisor David Campos introduced legislation to rename the airport Harvey Milk San Francisco International.
Milk was California's first openly gay elected official. He was assassinated along with Mayor George Moscone in 1978.
Organizers say the 12:00 p.m. rally is to urge the other supervisors to support Campos' legislation.
Voters may get the opportunity to decide on the name change in November.
san francisco city hall, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco international airport, lgbt, san francisco news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 4 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole 41 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals 17 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home 55 min ago
- Spurs rout Grizzlies 105-83 in West finals opener
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife 18 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos