San Francisco News
Report expected on Golden Gate suicide barriers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Since 2010, transportation officials have been working on a design to install a net below the Golden Gate Bridge to prevent suicides.
Friday, the Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District will receive a progress report on their effort to install suicide barriers on the bridge.
State Assemblyman Tom Ammiano of San Francisco wants all new bridges in California to have suicide barriers and has introduced legislation to do just that.
golden gate bridge, construction, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam 20 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos