San Francisco News
Report expected on Golden Gate suicide barriers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Since 2010, transportation officials have been working on a design to install a net below the Golden Gate Bridge to prevent suicides.
Friday, the Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District will receive a progress report on their effort to install suicide barriers on the bridge.
State Assemblyman Tom Ammiano of San Francisco wants all new bridges in California to have suicide barriers and has introduced legislation to do just that.
golden gate bridge, construction, san francisco news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ 52 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train 28 min ago
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise 14 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 40 min ago
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA 21 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
28 min ago