San Francisco News
San Francisco opera singer dies after battle with lung cancer
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- We have some sad news to report about beloved San Francisco opera singer Zheng Cao, who has finally lost her four year battle with lung cancer.
Zheng appeared on stages here and around the world and was known for her talent, her incredible personality, warmth and wicked sense of humor. She married her radiation doctor, David Larson, during all of this.
She died on Thursday and spent her last night surrounded by her family and opera friends who sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."
Zheng became a fierce warrior in the battle against lung cancer working with the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation.
Zheng also has a scholarship named after her for aspiring opera singers, called the Merola Opera Program. To give to that scholarship program, click here.
cancer, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos