San Francisco News
Man critically injured in Geary Street stabbing
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was critically injured in a stabbing on San Francisco's Geary Street early this morning, police said.
The stabbing was reported at 2:17 a.m. in the 700 block of Geary Street, near Leavenworth Street.
The victim was found stabbed multiple times in the chest and abdomen, police said. He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are considered life-threatening.
The suspect, described only as a man in his 20s, had not been found as of this morning, according to police.
Anyone with information about the stabbing is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, SFPD, san francisco news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela 17 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos