San Francisco News
Man critically injured in Geary Street stabbing
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was critically injured in a stabbing on San Francisco's Geary Street early this morning, police said.
The stabbing was reported at 2:17 a.m. in the 700 block of Geary Street, near Leavenworth Street.
The victim was found stabbed multiple times in the chest and abdomen, police said. He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are considered life-threatening.
The suspect, described only as a man in his 20s, had not been found as of this morning, according to police.
Anyone with information about the stabbing is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, SFPD, san francisco news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation 48 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- VIRAL VIDEO: Little girl donates hair to... 18 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 15 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 36 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 37 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
4 min ago
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to...
48 min ago