San Francisco News
Anchor Brewing Co. follows through on Super Bowl bet
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Losing a Super Bowl bet is costing a San Francisco brewery a lot more than money -- it's costing them a bit of pride.
Starting Monday, Anchor Brewing Company is pouring a Baltimore-area beer in its tap room for an entire week. They lost the bet to Maryland's Flying Dog Brewery.
People taking a brewery tour heard the awful news straight from the company's CEO on Monday morning.
"We've got the local television station here that wants to broadcast our humiliating experience," Anchor Brewing CEO John Dannerbeck said. "I just walked through the brewery and the production people wouldn't even look me in the eye. They just hung their head in shame."
To add to the shame, the staff also has to wear Baltimore Ravens shirts.
But the good news is, that after getting through the first glass of Flying Dog, guests were able to sample Anchor's own brews.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, alcohol, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 42 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 23 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 12 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
42 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos