San Francisco News
Anchor Brewing Co. follows through on Super Bowl bet
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Losing a Super Bowl bet is costing a San Francisco brewery a lot more than money -- it's costing them a bit of pride.
Starting Monday, Anchor Brewing Company is pouring a Baltimore-area beer in its tap room for an entire week. They lost the bet to Maryland's Flying Dog Brewery.
People taking a brewery tour heard the awful news straight from the company's CEO on Monday morning.
"We've got the local television station here that wants to broadcast our humiliating experience," Anchor Brewing CEO John Dannerbeck said. "I just walked through the brewery and the production people wouldn't even look me in the eye. They just hung their head in shame."
To add to the shame, the staff also has to wear Baltimore Ravens shirts.
But the good news is, that after getting through the first glass of Flying Dog, guests were able to sample Anchor's own brews.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, alcohol, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 5 min ago
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday