San Francisco News
Anchor Brewing Co. follows through on Super Bowl bet
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Losing a Super Bowl bet is costing a San Francisco brewery a lot more than money -- it's costing them a bit of pride.
Starting Monday, Anchor Brewing Company is pouring a Baltimore-area beer in its tap room for an entire week. They lost the bet to Maryland's Flying Dog Brewery.
People taking a brewery tour heard the awful news straight from the company's CEO on Monday morning.
"We've got the local television station here that wants to broadcast our humiliating experience," Anchor Brewing CEO John Dannerbeck said. "I just walked through the brewery and the production people wouldn't even look me in the eye. They just hung their head in shame."
To add to the shame, the staff also has to wear Baltimore Ravens shirts.
But the good news is, that after getting through the first glass of Flying Dog, guests were able to sample Anchor's own brews.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, alcohol, san francisco news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 24 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos