San Francisco News
AR-15 semi-automatic rifle stolen from San Francisco police
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are on alert after one of their weapons was stolen. It's serious business when any police weapon is stolen or unaccounted for, but this is an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. In the wrong hands, they say it could be big trouble.
A number of SFPD patrol units are assigned AR-15's along with shotguns. ABC7 News has learned that an unmarked squad car was broken into recently and that one of the rifles was taken.
Police are not giving specifics about when and where this happened, but a credible source in the department is confirming that an AR-15 was taken from an unmarked squad car.
Every hour on Sunday police issued radio broadcast warnings to officers, telling them to be on the lookout for the AR-15 for their own safety.
Monday Night Update: The AR-15 rifle that was stolen out of an unmarked SFPD vehicle has been recovered.
SFPD, guns, crime, san francisco news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients 31 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 16 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 52 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
41 min ago