San Francisco News
Mayors demand gun control action from Congress in PSA
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayors from around the country, including San Francisco's Ed Lee, are coming together in a new public service announcement demanding action from Congress to reduce gun violence.
The 30-second internet PSA comes from a bipartisan coalition called "Mayors Against Illegal Guns."
It's co-chaired by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and includes more than 900 mayors from 45 states and more than a million and a half grassroots supporters.
The new PSA marks a transition in the coalition's campaign from demanding a plan to demanding that Congress take action to pass legislation.
guns, congress, internet, ed lee, crime, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 1 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 31 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville... 2 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos