San Francisco News
San Francisco police seek man who stole diaper bag from foster mom
SAN FRANCISCO -- After saving the life of a newborn baby in the Bayview District in December, San Francisco police today are asking for the public's help in finding a suspect who stole a bag belonging to the boy's foster mother at the Hall of Justice on Wednesday.
The bag was inadvertently left by a woman after she went through security at the building at 850 Bryant St. at about 4 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
The woman is the foster mother of an infant who made headlines back in December when two patrol officers performed CPR to revive him and drove him to the hospital themselves, saving his life.
The boy's biological mother, Nneka Nash, had just given birth to the boy and abandoned him, but was found a short time later and arrested for child cruelty.
The bag belonging to the boy's foster mother, a brown diaper bag with a cream leopard pattern, had the woman's wallet, credit cards, cash, cellphone and baby supplies inside, police said.
The suspect who took it is described as a white man between 45 and 55 years old who is about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 175 pounds, had gray hair in a pony tail and was last seen wearing a black leather jacket and dark colored jeans, according to police.
Police have released photos taken from security cameras at the Hall of Justice in the hope that someone can identify the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call Inspector John Keane of the Police Department's special victims unit at (415) 553-9363. People wishing to remain anonymous can call (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message with TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
bayview hunters point, SFPD, crime, children, san francisco news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire 46 min ago
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 47 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos