San Francisco News
San Francisco police seek man who stole diaper bag from foster mom
SAN FRANCISCO -- After saving the life of a newborn baby in the Bayview District in December, San Francisco police today are asking for the public's help in finding a suspect who stole a bag belonging to the boy's foster mother at the Hall of Justice on Wednesday.
The bag was inadvertently left by a woman after she went through security at the building at 850 Bryant St. at about 4 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
The woman is the foster mother of an infant who made headlines back in December when two patrol officers performed CPR to revive him and drove him to the hospital themselves, saving his life.
The boy's biological mother, Nneka Nash, had just given birth to the boy and abandoned him, but was found a short time later and arrested for child cruelty.
The bag belonging to the boy's foster mother, a brown diaper bag with a cream leopard pattern, had the woman's wallet, credit cards, cash, cellphone and baby supplies inside, police said.
The suspect who took it is described as a white man between 45 and 55 years old who is about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 175 pounds, had gray hair in a pony tail and was last seen wearing a black leather jacket and dark colored jeans, according to police.
Police have released photos taken from security cameras at the Hall of Justice in the hope that someone can identify the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call Inspector John Keane of the Police Department's special victims unit at (415) 553-9363. People wishing to remain anonymous can call (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message with TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
bayview hunters point, SFPD, crime, children, san francisco news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 26 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
26 min ago