San Francisco News
Body retrieved from waters off Marshall's Beach in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A body of a man was retrieved from the waters off of Marshall's Beach in San Francisco Friday afternoon, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The body was reported at 12:48 p.m. just off the shoreline of the small beach south of the Golden Gate Bridge, fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
Fire crews and U.S. Park police responded and helped to bring the body to shore, Talmadge said.
No other information about the person was immediately available, she said.
(ABC7 News contributed to this report)
sffd, SFPD, golden gate bridge, san francisco bay, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars 54 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 57 min ago
- Man found fatally shot in Concord 30 min ago
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body