San Francisco News
SF police investigating suspicious death on Ellis St.
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was found dead near the Powell Street BART station in San Francisco early this morning, police said.
At about 6 a.m., police received a report of a person down on Ellis Street between Powell and Stockton streets, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Officers arrived and began giving the man CPR, and he was later pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics, Shyy said.
The death is considered suspicious and is under investigation, he said.
Shyy did not have details on exactly where the man was found but said he was not in the middle of the street.
SFPD, murder, san francisco news
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search 3 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 34 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 14 min ago
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case