San Francisco News
SF police arrest woman for allegedly kicking toddler
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 24-year-old woman was arrested after allegedly kicking a toddler at a playground in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on Monday afternoon, a police spokesman said today.
The attack was reported at about 4:30 p.m. at the Koret Children's Quarter near Kezar Drive in the southeast corner of the park, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
The suspect, Sabryna Bell, allegedly walked past a father and his daughter and, for no apparent reason, kicked the nearly 2-year-old girl in the chest, Shyy said.
The girl fell and hit her head on the pavement, but her injuries are not considered life-threatening. She was in San Francisco with her family from out of state to be a flower girl at a wedding, Shyy said.
Bell also allegedly walked up to another parent and threatened to kill other children, then fled, Shyy said.
She was apprehended a short distance away, and was booked into jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, making criminal threats and inflicting injury upon a child. She had outstanding warrants for her arrest, Shyy said.
crime, SFPD, san francisco news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 4 min ago
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole 54 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 44 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
44 min ago