San Francisco News
Defamation lawsuit against Mirkarimi dismissed
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A defamation lawsuit against San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi and his wife was dismissed on Friday.
The lawsuit was filed by Mirkarimi's neighbor Ivory Madison and her husband.
They claimed Mirkarimi and his wife Eliana Lopez accused them of various crimes during the sheriff's domestic violence case last year.
Madison instigated the case by giving police video she took of a crying Lopez and her bruised arms, which Lopez said she got from a fight with Mirkarimi on New Year's Eve.
ross mirkarimi, eliana lopez, domestic violence, lawsuit, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries 48 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos