San Francisco News
Rare Alcatraz artifacts on display for one day
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some artifacts from Alcatraz that you won't find on the island are going on display, and you only have one chance to see them.
We're talking about FBI evidence collected during the famous inmate escape. There are also prison blueprints.
These items are part of the National Park Service Archives, which preserves history from the Presidio and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area dating back to the Civil War.
But they'll only be out Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Presidio for the public to see.
For details on this event, click here.
alcatraz, presidio, FBI, san francisco news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Mountain View police searching for missing boy 33 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 13 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 5 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 51 min ago
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 24 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 36 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
49 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
5 min ago