San Francisco News
Rare Alcatraz artifacts on display for one day
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some artifacts from Alcatraz that you won't find on the island are going on display, and you only have one chance to see them.
We're talking about FBI evidence collected during the famous inmate escape. There are also prison blueprints.
These items are part of the National Park Service Archives, which preserves history from the Presidio and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area dating back to the Civil War.
But they'll only be out Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Presidio for the public to see.
For details on this event, click here.
alcatraz, presidio, FBI, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday