San Francisco News
Baseball fans pay $7 hour parking near AT&T Park
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- World Baseball Classic fans parking near AT&T Park were the first to pay the new meter premium near the park.
The rate is now $7 an hour, instead of the usual $5 during special events -- part of a new San Francisco program. Special events like the World Baseball Classic and all Giants home games will bring the new higher hourly rate.
Some drivers think it's a rip-off.
"I may have to think twice about coming up here. Or maybe I'll do mass transit. I don't know because, like I said, with this $7 an hour, that is absolutely ridiculous," said Gilroy resident Nelson Villanueva.
The rates are in effect until 10 p.m.. The city is trying to kill two birds with one stone -- manage limited parking spaces and boost its revenue.
soma, at&t park, parking, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday