San Francisco News
32,000 California eggs donated to San Francisco Food Bank
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Monday morning, a local food bank received a huge donation in the on-going effort to fight hunger. More than 32,000 California eggs were dropped off at the San Francisco Food Bank.
They were donated by San Jose's Olivera Egg Ranch as part of a national effort by United Egg Producers and Feeding America to provide local food banks with fresh eggs just in time for the Easter holiday, which is a couple of weeks away.
Eggs are a prized item at food banks because of their high protein content.
food, charities, food bank, san francisco news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 45 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos