San Francisco News
Police activity shuts down Powell Street BART station in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Powell Street BART station in San Francisco has been closed due to a suspicious package investigation.
Both BART and Muni Metro trains are not stopping at the station. Inbound and outbound reroutes have been set up for the Muni 8X and 27 lines. Cyril Magnin Street is closed between Market and Eddy. San Francisco police have also closed Market Street from 4th to 6th streets for the investigation.
BART commuters are advised to use the Civic Center or Montgomery stations.
BART, suspicious package, SFPD, san francisco news
- Underground fire forcing evacuations in Oakland 54 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- 'Radioactive' package found at Lafayette intersection
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Oakland robberies; Pitcher makes donation
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday