San Francisco News
Power mostly restored after outage in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- People woke up without power this morning in San Francisco's Bayview District.
Witnesses say a power line fell and caught a utility pole on fire, shortly before 2 a.m. It happened on Newhall Street, between Lydia and Bitting Avenues -- leaving more than 3,500 customers without power.
PG&E says that number is now down to about 160. It expects power will be restored to everyone by 10 a.m.
PG&E, power outage, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos