San Francisco News
Neighbor helps SF police catch group of suspected taggers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police credit a neighbor's quick thinking to help catch a group of suspected vandals in the act.
Officers swooped in on the alleged taggers around 3:15 a.m. Sunday. Police say it appears they had just finished the outline of their graffiti mural on a garage door along Langton Street before they arrived.
ABC7 News spoke with the man who called police. He asked to not show his face or give his full name, "This right behind me," he said, "This wall at The Brainwash, they just finished painting it a couple of weeks ago. It's like every other week there's something new up there and they're constantly having to clean it."
The suspects include 10 adults and one juvenile. SFPD Lt. Juan Daniels says some have previous arrests for vandalism.
"The juvenile was cited out to his parents and the 10 that are in custody, they will be booked into our county jail and then they will have their arraignment probably this Tuesday or Wednesday," Lt. Daniels said. "And then from there the judge will set either their sentence, their bail, or their probation."
Police say the group had backpacks filled with 52 cans of spray paint, along with large markers and pens. Police also say the so-called crew had stickers with their monikers on them. That's apparently how they're able to sign their graffiti.
The suspects will be charged with felony vandalism and felony conspiracy.
soma, SFPD, vandalism, san francisco news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 38 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos