San Francisco News
Car slams into home in SF's Bayview District
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A car slammed into the front of a house in San Francisco's Bayview District near the corner of Hawes Street and Palou Avenue.
Witnesses say they saw the driver of the car get out and take off running. There may have been a passenger in the vehicle. Luckily, the people inside the home were not hurt. The accident was first reported around 3:50 a.m.
The family thought the crash was an earthquake.
"I was in my room, I was getting ready to go to sleep, all of a sudden I heard this boom and the house shook. So I thought we were having an earthquake. My mom got up and looked outside the window and she said there is a car inside the house. So we all came outside and saw the big hole and the car and we were just in shock. Nobody was here and it was just crazy," said San Francisco resident Harmoney Love.
The car has been pulled out of the house and was towed away. A blue tarp has been placed over the spot where the car crashed into the wall.
San Francisco police are investigating why the drive fled the scene.
crash, bayview hunters point, sffd, SFPD, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 38 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
40 min ago