San Francisco News
Car slams into home in SF's Bayview District
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A car slammed into the front of a house in San Francisco's Bayview District near the corner of Hawes Street and Palou Avenue.
Witnesses say they saw the driver of the car get out and take off running. There may have been a passenger in the vehicle. Luckily, the people inside the home were not hurt. The accident was first reported around 3:50 a.m.
The family thought the crash was an earthquake.
"I was in my room, I was getting ready to go to sleep, all of a sudden I heard this boom and the house shook. So I thought we were having an earthquake. My mom got up and looked outside the window and she said there is a car inside the house. So we all came outside and saw the big hole and the car and we were just in shock. Nobody was here and it was just crazy," said San Francisco resident Harmoney Love.
The car has been pulled out of the house and was towed away. A blue tarp has been placed over the spot where the car crashed into the wall.
San Francisco police are investigating why the drive fled the scene.
crash, bayview hunters point, sffd, SFPD, san francisco news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest 26 min ago
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum 20 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in... 5 min ago
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos