San Francisco News
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee visiting China
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee left on a trip to China Friday, his first visit there as mayor.
According to his office, Lee left early Friday morning and will not be back to San Francisco until April 7. His itinerary includes meeting with several dignitaries in Beijing and a visit to his father's village.
The San Francisco Examiner reports the mayor is also expected to sit down with officials from the China development Bank, which is funding a loan for two huge residential projects in San Francisco's Hunters Point and Treasure Island.
china, ed lee, san francisco news
- Police search for gunman after officer shot in SF 17 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case