San Francisco News
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee visiting China
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee left on a trip to China Friday, his first visit there as mayor.
According to his office, Lee left early Friday morning and will not be back to San Francisco until April 7. His itinerary includes meeting with several dignitaries in Beijing and a visit to his father's village.
The San Francisco Examiner reports the mayor is also expected to sit down with officials from the China development Bank, which is funding a loan for two huge residential projects in San Francisco's Hunters Point and Treasure Island.
china, ed lee, san francisco news
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos