San Francisco News
Famed San Francisco restaurant Tommy Toy's closes its doors
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It's the end of an era for a San Francisco institution as Tommy Toy's closed its doors on Saturday after 27 years.
The Financial District restaurant was once a hot spot for celebrities.
Clint Eastwood and Francis Ford Coppola dined there in the 1980s and 1990s.
It also attracted politicians like Senator Dianne Feinstein and former mayor Willie Brown.
Changing demographics and lease issues forced the restaurant to close.
restaurants, celebrity, dianne feinstein, willie brown, san francisco news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 37 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 59 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right 29 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies 25 min ago
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos