San Francisco News
San Francisco police investigate Bayview shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police in San Francisco are investigating a shooting that took place in the city's Bayview neighborhood Sunday morning.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired in the 1100 block of Oakdale Avenue at about 11:35 a.m., a police dispatcher said.
Arriving officers found one victim who had been shot in the ankle, he said.
The victim was expected to survive.
No arrests have been made and no suspect information was immediately available.
shooting, guns, crime, violence, bayview hunters point, SFPD, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos