San Francisco News
Two people shot on Muni bus in Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two people were hospitalized after being shot while aboard a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus in San Francisco's Inner Mission District Sunday night, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting on a stationary Muni bus at Mission and Valencia streets around 10 p.m., according to police.
A 25-year-old woman was shot in the torso, and a 25-year-old man was shot in the leg, police said. Their condition was not immediately available.
Police are searching for a suspect this morning. The suspect is described as a Hispanic man with a thin build and black shoulder length curly hair, last seen wearing a black beanie cap and a white T-shirt, according to police.
The suspect was last seen fleeing the area on foot in the area of Mission Street and Precita Avenue, police said.
muni, shooting, crime, mission district, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday