San Francisco News
Tiny tree door at Golden Gate Park disappears but will soon return
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The tiny wooden door that appeared on a tree at Golden Gate Park -- and then disappeared -- will return.
Kids have been flocking to the music concourse at the park to see the door since it mysteriously appeared last month. Some speculated it was put there by elves or gnomes and even left notes for the little people.
However, visitors to the park on Tuesday found no door -- just a hole. San Francisco park officials had taken the door away because it had damaged the tree.
But the outcry was too loud. Late Tuesday, park officials told ABC7 News they will put the door back.
golden gate park, tourism, san francisco news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos