San Francisco News
State, city leaders join UCSF medical center rally
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- State Senator Leland Yee and San Francisco Supervisors John Avalos and Eric Mar are among local leaders joining a rally by hospital workers this morning at the UCSF Medical Center.
The workers are protesting UCSF's decision to cut nearly 300 positions at the medical center on Parnassus Avenue.
The San Francisco Examiner reports that the medical center says the staff reductions are being made to prepare for costs associated with the Affordable Care Act signed into law by President Obama in 2010.
UCSF, protest, jobs, layoff, san francisco news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn 47 min ago
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF 27 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos