San Francisco News
State, city leaders join UCSF medical center rally
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- State Senator Leland Yee and San Francisco Supervisors John Avalos and Eric Mar are among local leaders joining a rally by hospital workers this morning at the UCSF Medical Center.
The workers are protesting UCSF's decision to cut nearly 300 positions at the medical center on Parnassus Avenue.
The San Francisco Examiner reports that the medical center says the staff reductions are being made to prepare for costs associated with the Affordable Care Act signed into law by President Obama in 2010.
UCSF, protest, jobs, layoff, san francisco news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday