San Francisco News
Tiny tree door returns to Golden Gate Park
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The mysterious tiny door in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park has been granted a temporary reprieve.
The little door appeared at the base of a tree on the music concourse last month and has captured the imagination of both children and adults.
Earlier this week it was removed by the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, but after numerous complaints, a new door was placed in the tree.
But city officials say the bolts on the door can damage the tree and the door cannot stay. There is no word on when it will be removed for good.
golden gate park, tourism, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 14 min ago
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam 18 min ago
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor 53 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
45 min ago