San Francisco News
Person detained in Pacific Heights death
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police have detained someone for questioning in connection with the suspicious death of a dermatologist at his apartment in San Francisco's Pacific Heights neighborhood, a police spokesman said today.
Elias Michael, 47, was found at about 9:45 p.m. Sunday by officers responding to a report of a dead body at 2030 Vallejo St.
The medical examiner's office has deemed the death suspicious, and San Francisco homicide detectives have taken over the case, police said.
Police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said this morning that a person had been detained for questioning in the case but declined to release more information.
Michael worked as a dermatologist and lived with an elderly female family member, according to Elaine Chan, a receptionist at his apartment building.
Dr. Elias Michael is listed as a dermatologist on the website for Union Street Dermatology, located nearby in San Francisco's Cow Hollow neighborhood at 1610 Union St.
Employees were not immediately available for comment at the business, which is closed on Mondays.
SFPD, crime, pacific heights, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 44 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 19 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire