San Francisco News
SFPD searching for carjacking suspects after chase
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Police and CHP officers are searching for two carjacking suspects who led them on a wild chase that ended with a gushing fire hydrant and the suspects on the run in San Francisco.
The suspects were spotted in a stolen Nissan Versa by the CHP at 3 a.m. near Van Ness Avenue and Mission Street. The car was stolen out of Modesto. After a chase down Van Ness Avenue, the Versa hit the bumper of a Muni bus before crashing into a hydrant and then crashed into the side of an apartment building at Van Ness Avenue and Union Street.
Police searched for the suspects in the neighborhood near the crash without any luck.
SFPD, crime, carjacking, russian hill, san francisco news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 16 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 5 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos