San Francisco News
Treasure Island, Treasure Island housing plans scaled back
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A plan to build 12,000 homes in San Francisco's Hunters Point neighborhood and at Treasure Island has been scaled-back significantly to just 200 homes at Hunter's Point.
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee said Thursday he's confident the 200 home development will go forward.
The mayor recently returned from China where he was working on the deal for a much larger development.
Mayor Lee said Chinese investors were unable or unwilling to meet the conditions of the project with Lennar, that's the U.S. based developer.
treasure island, bayview hunters point, china, ed lee, construction, real estate, housing market, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire