San Francisco News
Treasure Island, Treasure Island housing plans scaled back
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A plan to build 12,000 homes in San Francisco's Hunters Point neighborhood and at Treasure Island has been scaled-back significantly to just 200 homes at Hunter's Point.
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee said Thursday he's confident the 200 home development will go forward.
The mayor recently returned from China where he was working on the deal for a much larger development.
Mayor Lee said Chinese investors were unable or unwilling to meet the conditions of the project with Lennar, that's the U.S. based developer.
treasure island, bayview hunters point, china, ed lee, construction, real estate, housing market, san francisco news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 8 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button 37 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos