San Francisco News
Police investigate fatal shooting in SF's Nob Hill neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Police are still looking for answers after a deadly shooting in San Francisco's normally tranquil Nob Hill neighborhood. It happened early Saturday morning near Taylor Street and Pacific Avenue.
The shooting left the neighborhood sealed off for a few hours as police began collecting clues in their investigation. For now, police have only released some basic details in this incident.
Officers came here in response to a 911 call just before 2:30 a.m. When they arrived they found a man in his mid-twenties had been shot. He was unresponsive and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another man, in his mid-fifties, was taken into custody and police say he is the only suspect.
A neighbor tells us she heard a commotion just after she got home from work early Saturday morning.
"I could hear a couple fighting, screaming, and then all of a sudden I could hear the gun go off, and then the lady was crying really hard, and so she called the police and I could hear the police coming in and I could hear them saying that one person's dead," neighbor Iwona Neubeck said.
So far, there are plenty of questions to be answered here.
Police have not mentioned anything about a woman being involved. They also have not released the identity of the younger man who was killed, or of the alleged shooter.
Nor have inspectors described any relation between the victim and the suspect or any details about an argument that may have led to the shooting.
Police do tell us this investigation is ongoing.
shooting, nob hill, SFPD, guns, violence, crime, san francisco news
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area 31 min ago
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States 34 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8 16 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Light snow falls in Santa Cruz Mountains
33 min ago