San Francisco News
Man fatally shot in San Francisco's Nob Hill identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 24-year-old man who was fatally shot in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood on Saturday morning has been identified as Geofrey Greer, of San Francisco, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police received a report of a deceased man at an apartment complex in the 1100 block of Pacific Avenue at about 2:30 a.m., San Francisco police Officer Carlos Manfredi said.
According to witnesses, a 55-year-old male suspect and the victim were having a dispute prior to the shooting.
Police said the suspect is in custody and that no further suspects are believed to be involved in the homicide.
A motive for the killing remains under investigation.
shooting, nob hill, SFPD, guns, violence, crime, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive 5 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
52 min ago