San Francisco News
Sing for America concert to be held Sunday at Palace of Fine Arts
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A special benefit concert called Sing for America will be held Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
This concert is to singers what a marathon is to runners: A chance to raise money doing what they love. Last year's inaugural benefit concert raised more than $100,000 to benefit at least 40 organizations.
With the help of sponsors 100 percent of funds raised Sunday will go to various arts groups suffering from budget cuts.
Guest artists include San Francisco Opera Chorus Conductor Ian Robertson, and the Phantom of the Opera star Lisa Vroman.
palace of fine arts, music, san francisco news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze 39 min ago
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 58 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday