San Francisco News
Sing for America concert to be held Sunday at Palace of Fine Arts
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A special benefit concert called Sing for America will be held Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
This concert is to singers what a marathon is to runners: A chance to raise money doing what they love. Last year's inaugural benefit concert raised more than $100,000 to benefit at least 40 organizations.
With the help of sponsors 100 percent of funds raised Sunday will go to various arts groups suffering from budget cuts.
Guest artists include San Francisco Opera Chorus Conductor Ian Robertson, and the Phantom of the Opera star Lisa Vroman.
palace of fine arts, music, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos