San Francisco News
Sing for America concert to be held Sunday at Palace of Fine Arts
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A special benefit concert called Sing for America will be held Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
This concert is to singers what a marathon is to runners: A chance to raise money doing what they love. Last year's inaugural benefit concert raised more than $100,000 to benefit at least 40 organizations.
With the help of sponsors 100 percent of funds raised Sunday will go to various arts groups suffering from budget cuts.
Guest artists include San Francisco Opera Chorus Conductor Ian Robertson, and the Phantom of the Opera star Lisa Vroman.
palace of fine arts, music, san francisco news
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 27 min ago
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos