San Francisco News
Unmarked police car hit by gunfire in Hunters Point
SAN FRANCISCO -- Eight people were detained after an unmarked police car was shot at in San Francisco's Hunters Point neighborhood early this morning, police said.
Officers in the unmarked car went by India Basin Shoreline Park near Hunters Point Boulevard and Evans Avenue at about 12:50 a.m. and saw three vehicles and several people there, according to police.
The officers then turned their car around to leave the park, and as the vehicle was turning, it was hit by a number of bullets, police said.
Police then chased one of the vehicles and stopped it at Bryant and Ninth streets. Eight suspects have been detained, but police were not releasing any other information about them this morning.
The officers were not injured by the gunfire, and did not fire any shots in response, police said.
hunters point, SFPD, crime, shooting, san francisco news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos