San Francisco News
Unmarked police car hit by gunfire in Hunters Point
SAN FRANCISCO -- Eight people were detained after an unmarked police car was shot at in San Francisco's Hunters Point neighborhood early this morning, police said.
Officers in the unmarked car went by India Basin Shoreline Park near Hunters Point Boulevard and Evans Avenue at about 12:50 a.m. and saw three vehicles and several people there, according to police.
The officers then turned their car around to leave the park, and as the vehicle was turning, it was hit by a number of bullets, police said.
Police then chased one of the vehicles and stopped it at Bryant and Ninth streets. Eight suspects have been detained, but police were not releasing any other information about them this morning.
The officers were not injured by the gunfire, and did not fire any shots in response, police said.
hunters point, SFPD, crime, shooting, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 8 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 55 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
10 min ago