San Francisco News
Boy zapped with stun gun during tussle between students
SAN FRANCISCO -- A female student is being questioned after allegedly using a stun gun on another student at a school in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood this morning, police and school district officials said.
The incident was reported at 8:52 a.m. at the International Studies Academy at 655 De Haro St., where the student had allegedly brought the stun gun to the campus, police spokesman Sgt. Dennis Toomer said.
A male student saw the device, was interested and wanted to see it, prompting a tussle between the two, Toomer said.
Toomer said the male student was zapped on the wrist by the stun gun, which San Francisco Unified School District officials said was a Taser.
Medics were called but the boy did not appear to be injured. He was released at the scene and taken home by his mother, Toomer said.
Toomer said investigators were talking this morning to the female student, who school officials said will face appropriate disciplinary action.
The incident comes a day after the school, which serves students in grades six through 12, went into lockdown briefly because of a report of a student with a gun.
That student, a 14-year-old eighth-grader, ran away after school staff detained him and asked him to empty his pockets, police said.
The boy was found outside the school about 10 minutes later, and a gun was found near the campus, according to police.
potrero hill, san francisco news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33 35 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101 16 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M 32 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law 20 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
35 min ago