San Francisco News
Police officer shoots suspect in Potrero Hill
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco police officer shot a domestic violence suspect in the city's Potrero Hill neighborhood Wednesday night.
The incident happened in the 900 block of De Haro Street, at the corner of Southern Heights Avenue. Police say they received a 911 call around 9:45 p.m. from a man who said he had just stabbed his brother-in-law. A dispatcher heard the victim in the background asking for help.
When police arrived they saw the victim bleeding in the doorway and the brother-in-law standing near him with a hammer in his hand. When he refused to put down the hammer, police say they shot and killed him.
The stabbing victim was taken to the hospital where he is in serious condition. A large knife, described to be like a machete, was found nearby.
potrero hill, shooting, san francisco news, alan wang
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 22 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 29 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos