San Francisco News
San Francisco's Nob Hill fatal shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man accused of fatally shooting another man in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood last weekend pleaded not guilty to a murder charge today.
Robert Graves, 66, is being held on $3 million bail in connection with the death of 24-year-old Geoffrey Greer, who was shot at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday at an apartment building in the 1100 block of Pacific Avenue.
Police and prosecutors have said Graves and Greer were involved in a dispute prior to the shooting, but have not released further details.
Graves' attorney, Deputy Public Defender Stephen Olmo, said investigators wrote in the police report that Greer and others were having a party on the building's roof at the time of the dispute.
Members of Greer's family attended this morning's court hearing but declined to speak to reporters afterward.
Graves, who has been charged with one count of murder and a special allegation for personal use of a firearm, will return to court May 1 for a status hearing.
shooting, nob hill, SFPD, guns, violence, crime, san francisco news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 38 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 56 min ago
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 1 min ago
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album 47 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
28 min ago