San Francisco News
San Francisco's Nob Hill fatal shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man accused of fatally shooting another man in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood last weekend pleaded not guilty to a murder charge today.
Robert Graves, 66, is being held on $3 million bail in connection with the death of 24-year-old Geoffrey Greer, who was shot at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday at an apartment building in the 1100 block of Pacific Avenue.
Police and prosecutors have said Graves and Greer were involved in a dispute prior to the shooting, but have not released further details.
Graves' attorney, Deputy Public Defender Stephen Olmo, said investigators wrote in the police report that Greer and others were having a party on the building's roof at the time of the dispute.
Members of Greer's family attended this morning's court hearing but declined to speak to reporters afterward.
Graves, who has been charged with one count of murder and a special allegation for personal use of a firearm, will return to court May 1 for a status hearing.
shooting, nob hill, SFPD, guns, violence, crime, san francisco news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 41 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos