San Francisco News
Space shuttle Commander Mark Kelly speaks at luncheon in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- NASA space shuttle Commander Mark Kelly, the husband of former Arizona congresswoman Gabby Giffords spoke at a luncheon in San Francisco on Sunday.
Kelly was scheduled to speak at noon to more than 2,200 community college officials gathering at Moscone Center, to say say farewell to retiring city college leaders.
Kelly commanded space shuttle Endeavour's final mission.
Kelly and his wife have become outspoken advocates of gun control after she and a dozen others were wounded and six killed in a shooting back in 2011.
Her injuries forced Giffords to resign from Congress.
moscone center, NASA, san francisco news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family 28 min ago
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Crews investigating cause of water main break
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose 43 min ago
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping 47 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday