San Francisco News
Space shuttle Commander Mark Kelly speaks at luncheon in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- NASA space shuttle Commander Mark Kelly, the husband of former Arizona congresswoman Gabby Giffords spoke at a luncheon in San Francisco on Sunday.
Kelly was scheduled to speak at noon to more than 2,200 community college officials gathering at Moscone Center, to say say farewell to retiring city college leaders.
Kelly commanded space shuttle Endeavour's final mission.
Kelly and his wife have become outspoken advocates of gun control after she and a dozen others were wounded and six killed in a shooting back in 2011.
Her injuries forced Giffords to resign from Congress.
moscone center, NASA, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 5 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
6 min ago