San Francisco News
Space shuttle Commander Mark Kelly speaks at luncheon in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- NASA space shuttle Commander Mark Kelly, the husband of former Arizona congresswoman Gabby Giffords spoke at a luncheon in San Francisco on Sunday.
Kelly was scheduled to speak at noon to more than 2,200 community college officials gathering at Moscone Center, to say say farewell to retiring city college leaders.
Kelly commanded space shuttle Endeavour's final mission.
Kelly and his wife have become outspoken advocates of gun control after she and a dozen others were wounded and six killed in a shooting back in 2011.
Her injuries forced Giffords to resign from Congress.
moscone center, NASA, san francisco news
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick 5 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 3 min ago
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion