San Francisco News
Woman critically injured after being struck by SUV
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was critically injured when she was struck by an SUV near San Francisco's Crocker Amazon Playground on Monday evening, police said Tuesday.
The 56-year-old woman was hit by a GMC Yukon while she was crossing the street in a crosswalk at Geneva Avenue and Prague Street shortly before 7:30 p.m., according to police.
She suffered head injuries that are considered life-threatening and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital for treatment, police said.
The driver of the Yukon stayed at the scene, cooperated with investigators and has not been arrested, police spokesman Sgt. Dennis Toomer said.
The collision remains under investigation, Toomer said.
pedestrian struck, crash, san francisco news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos