San Francisco News
Forbes Island restaurant in SF catches fire
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Firefighters have put out blaze at the Forbes Island restaurant at San Francisco's Pier 41 overnight.
The fire was first reported around 3 a.m.. Firefighters said the fire was tough to get to because of the restaurant's location on a floating island. Hoses from the pier did not reach the blaze, so firefighters needed to use their fire boat to put it out. SFFD said that using the boat cost them about 10 minutes of response time. They said it was not difficult to put out once the boat arrived.
The restaurant is still standing, but it does appear to have some serious damage. The cause of the blaze is under investigation and arson investigators are at the scene.
sffd, fire, san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire