San Francisco News
27 detained, 1 arrested, after SFPD clear illegally occupied building in the Ocean View District
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police have detained 27 people and arrested one person after a raid of a building illegally occupied in the Ocean View District.
The building had been occupied by the protesters for months. The group wanted to make the building into a community center and garden for Ocean View residents.
The building is an old church which was bought by the owners 8 years ago. It sat unoccupied while the owners tried to figure out what to do with it. The owners' now want to build a multi-use commercial facility.
SFPD, occupy sf, crime, san francisco news, vic lee
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died 52 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday