San Francisco News
Three arrested after shooting in SF's Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Three men in their 40s have been taken to the hospital after a shooting this morning in San Francisco's Mission District near the BART station at 16th and Mission Streets. One person has life-threatening injuries and two other victims were shot in the leg and are expected to survive.
The events unfolded with an argument between two groups of men, which then led to an attempted robbery. Shortly after that, the shooting occurred.
"The victim that was shot in the torso was struck multiple times by gunfire. That's all we have at this point," said Ofc. Gordon Shyy of the San Francisco Police Department.
After the shooting, San Francisco police pursued the suspects' vehicle in the Bayview District. The vehicle crashed and three men who were in the car were arrested. Police found two guns inside the car and a semi-automatic weapon was found on the street along with some cartridges.
"Officers in the Bayview District then located the suspect vehicle and attempted to stop that vehicle. It appears that the suspect vehicle then backed into our patrol vehicle," said Shyy.
One San Francisco police officer suffered minor back injuries during the crash. He was able to walk to the ambulance.
There is no word yet on a motive for the shooting.
SFPD, mission district, bayview hunters point, shooting, crime, san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday