San Francisco News
Rapper 2 Chainz robbed in SF's SOMA neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO -- Well-known rapper 2 Chainz was robbed at gunpoint in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood on Sunday afternoon, police said Monday.
The rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, was with members of his entourage in the 800 block of Mission Street when three suspects approached the group at about 4:35 p.m., according to police.
Police said 2 Chainz had his wallet and cellphone taken during the robbery.
One of the suspects also fired a weapon, but no one was hit by the gunfire. The shooter was described as a Hispanic man between 20 and 30 years old with short, cropped hair who was wearing a black sweatshirt and blue jeans, according to police.
The suspects fled in a car described as a gray-colored sedan.
Police have not yet released additional details about the robbery.
The Atlanta-based rapper is signed with Def Jam Records and was in the Bay Area for a concert at the Oracle Arena in Oakland over the weekend.
celebrity, celebrity crime, music, soma, crime, smartphones, cellphone, san francisco news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos