San Francisco News
Rapper 2 Chainz robbed in SF's SOMA neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO -- Well-known rapper 2 Chainz was robbed at gunpoint in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood on Sunday afternoon, police said Monday.
The rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, was with members of his entourage in the 800 block of Mission Street when three suspects approached the group at about 4:35 p.m., according to police.
Police said 2 Chainz had his wallet and cellphone taken during the robbery.
One of the suspects also fired a weapon, but no one was hit by the gunfire. The shooter was described as a Hispanic man between 20 and 30 years old with short, cropped hair who was wearing a black sweatshirt and blue jeans, according to police.
The suspects fled in a car described as a gray-colored sedan.
Police have not yet released additional details about the robbery.
The Atlanta-based rapper is signed with Def Jam Records and was in the Bay Area for a concert at the Oracle Arena in Oakland over the weekend.
celebrity, celebrity crime, music, soma, crime, smartphones, cellphone, san francisco news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 29 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 52 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 11 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 25 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case