San Francisco News
Rapper 2 Chainz robbed in SF's SOMA neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO -- Well-known rapper 2 Chainz was robbed at gunpoint in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood on Sunday afternoon, police said Monday.
The rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, was with members of his entourage in the 800 block of Mission Street when three suspects approached the group at about 4:35 p.m., according to police.
Police said 2 Chainz had his wallet and cellphone taken during the robbery.
One of the suspects also fired a weapon, but no one was hit by the gunfire. The shooter was described as a Hispanic man between 20 and 30 years old with short, cropped hair who was wearing a black sweatshirt and blue jeans, according to police.
The suspects fled in a car described as a gray-colored sedan.
Police have not yet released additional details about the robbery.
The Atlanta-based rapper is signed with Def Jam Records and was in the Bay Area for a concert at the Oracle Arena in Oakland over the weekend.
celebrity, celebrity crime, music, soma, crime, smartphones, cellphone, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday