San Francisco News
Rapper 2 Chainz robbed in SF's SOMA neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO -- Well-known rapper 2 Chainz was robbed at gunpoint in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood on Sunday afternoon, police said Monday.
The rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, was with members of his entourage in the 800 block of Mission Street when three suspects approached the group at about 4:35 p.m., according to police.
Police said 2 Chainz had his wallet and cellphone taken during the robbery.
One of the suspects also fired a weapon, but no one was hit by the gunfire. The shooter was described as a Hispanic man between 20 and 30 years old with short, cropped hair who was wearing a black sweatshirt and blue jeans, according to police.
The suspects fled in a car described as a gray-colored sedan.
Police have not yet released additional details about the robbery.
The Atlanta-based rapper is signed with Def Jam Records and was in the Bay Area for a concert at the Oracle Arena in Oakland over the weekend.
celebrity, celebrity crime, music, soma, crime, smartphones, cellphone, san francisco news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday